1. Is Santa Rosa Blue Hole Open?
Blue Hole is Open!!
Please read the below details.
- Open to swimmers
- Swim at your own risk
- No lifeguard on duty
- Reservations are NOT required for scuba divers: Call 575-472-3763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more than 20 divers at a time in the water
- Updated applications for all dive shops required
- Accepted mode of payment is cash, debit, or credit card, and Apple Pay
- All divers must sign in upon arrival
- All divers must have a picture ID and Certification Card
- Warm room is available
- Diver restrooms are available
- Permit bands must be visible at all times
2. What is the blue hole of Santa Rosa?
The Blue Hole of Santa Rosa is a circular, bell-shaped natural swimming hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. It is one of the most popular diving destinations in the US.
3. Where is Santa Rosa Blue Hole Located?
Blue Hole is located just off of the historic Route 66 in New Mexico.
The address is: 1085 Blue Hole Rd, Santa Rosa, NM 88435
4. What is the best time (temperature and visibility) to dive into the Blue Hole?
You can dive the Blue Hole year-round with a constant temperature of 61 degrees F. Visibility is a consistent 100 feet.
5. What are the diving requirements at the Blue Hole?
A copy of the divers’ certification card is required to dive in Santa Rosa Blue Hole
- Weekly Dive Permit $25
- Annual Dive Permit $75
- Annual Instructor Permit $125
Dive Shop requirements
- Annual renewal $225
- Up to 5 instructors with Padi, SSI or valid diver license
- Current proof of insurance
Check this Scuba Diving page for more details.
6. What do I need to bring for swimming, snorkeling, and diving?
The very first thing you need is to arrive in a good mood. Apart from that, all dive equipment is available to rent from the on-site shop. However, we understand nothing fits more comfortably than your own personal gear. Below we have a checklist ready to make your experience more impeccable.
|Identification card||Certification card|
|Sunscreen (Biodegradable)||Natural Insect repellent|
|Quick Dry Towel||Face Mask|
|Dive computer||Defog spray|
|Dry (phone) bag||Medication|
7. Is car parking available at the Blue Hole?
There is convenient car parking available for $10 per vehicle/per day. Once you park, it is about a 2-3 minute walk to the blue hole.
8. How deep is the Blue Hole?
The maximum depth of the blue hole is 81 feet and the diameter of 60 feet.
9. What are the good places to stay in Santa Rosa?
There are several good hotels in Santa Rosa. Check this page to find the best accommodation options in close proximity to the Blue Hole and other major attractions in Santa Rosa.
10. What are the good places to eat in Santa Rosa?
There are several fine dining and fast-food restaurants in Santa Rosa. Check this page to find the best places to taste the most authentic local flavors.
11. What are the other recreational activities in Santa Rosa?
Though the Blue Hole is the No. 1 tourist spot in Santa Rosa, there are so many things to see and do in Santa Rosa, like the WIBIT, Route 66 Auto Museum, and much more.
Check this page to find out the top things to do in Santa Rosa.
12. Is the Blue Hole Pet Friendly?
Yes, pets are allowed as long as they are on a leash. Also, you cannot let them in the water to swim.