How fun it is for the little ones in the house to play in the water. And you don’t have to have a luxurious house with a pool for it. If you have a garden, patio, terrace or you have some space – preferably outdoors – that can get wet, a great alternative for your children to entertain, and even learn to swim, is to install an inflatable pool.
However, adults also enjoy immersed in the water, on weekends or during vacations. With a medium-sized inflatable pool, you can share family time while cooling off the heat, especially on those days of intense summer.
The most important
- Inflatable pools are an economical variety of detachable pools usually made of plastic or liner . To enjoy them, just inflate them and fill them with water. They vary in size, price, material and shape. Some are designed exclusively for children, but others, for the greater amount of liters of water they house, allow the whole family to enjoy them.
- Punctures are enemies of the pools. To avoid them, it is important to choose the installation site well and, if possible, reinforce the base of the same with some protective floor mat that helps us to avoid breaking it. In the case of holes, the patches and glue that are usually included in pool repair kits are very useful.
- In addition to looking at quality and price, it is advisable to buy an inflatable pool that is easy to install and whose dimensions, capacity and shape adapt to our needs. If it is large, it is better to include an air pump and purifier. In addition, it is important to follow the recommendations on pool and water cleaning to avoid infections.
What you should know about inflatable pools
The inflatable pools meet the requirements to offer guaranteed fun for both the little ones and the big ones in the house. Its ease of assembly, the versatility of uses that can be given (playground or ball pool) make these pools the perfect gift to entertain anyone who enjoys water, games or spending time with family and friends .
What exactly is an inflatable pool?
Inflatable pools are a type of detachable pool that generally does not need structures to support itself. They are the best alternative for those who cannot afford to pay the costs of manufacturing, installing and maintaining their own pool. By not containing hard parts, they allow children to dive and play in the water without fear of hitting each other.Compared to steel, plastic and wooden pools, inflatable pools tend to gain more and more followers because, in addition to being cheaper, they do not require the use of sophisticated tools for assembly and serve both for children’s fun and adults as for the treatment of various health problems in which hydrotherapy is recommended.
What are the pros and cons of an inflatable pool?
- They last many years.
- They are made of high strength materials.
- Repairs are not usually as frequent.
- They can be as small or as large as you want.
- High investment and maintenance costs.
- Its construction can take from weeks to months.
- More dangerous
- Frequent bumps with the edges.
- Minimum costs
- Few hours of assembly.
- More secure.
- You never hit the edges.
- You can move them and install wherever you want.
- They usually last a few months or a few years.
- Its materials are less resistant.
- They usually require fixes with patches or glue, because of scratches or punctures.
We have seen that, according to the budget we have, our needs and preferences, the use that we will give and the time we have, it will be more or less advantageous to acquire an inflatable pool. But, in general, there are more favorable aspects of a removable pool of this type, especially considering the quality / utility / price ratio.
What types of inflatable pools exist?
These pools differ in their materials (plastic, liner, polymers) and shape: round, oval, hexagonal and other regular and irregular shapes. Also for its designs, measurements and capacity: for babies (5-18 gallons), children (18-450 gallons) and adults (450 gallons onwards); although large and small they usually share the games in each other.For the uses they have, there are inflatable swimming pools to give light baths to a baby or with slides, sprinklers, parasols, game center, balls and hoops, etc. There are also hammock or hot tub , with armchairs, backrest or coasters. And there are those of a lifetime, which simply fill with water and invite children and adults to cool off, swim and play underwater.
What steps should I follow when installing my inflatable pool?
Because of their materials and designs (regular: circular, square, hexagonal; and irregular: oval, rectangular), inflatable pools are installed more simply and quickly than other types. However, in addition to reading the instructions in the manual, we must follow certain steps to make the best use of our pool and make it last for many years:
- Choose a flat area without slope. Thus, in addition to preventing the pool base from deteriorating, we can take full advantage of its dimensions and maintain the same depth of water at all points. Some experts even recommend using a level to ensure that the area in which it will be installed has no slope.
- Remove any object from the ground. However small, the element that we least expect can damage or break the pool base material. Therefore, it is necessary to remove anything that can act as a sharp object. Now, if we only have a rough surface, we will have to use some protective mat as a base.
- Place a protective mat or canvas . It is advisable to use it on any type of soil and it is essential to use it on rough surfaces or with imperfections. We must ensure that the size of the canvas or mat that we get is larger than the diameter of the inflatable pool so that the base is fully protected.
- Inflate the pool . Once we have prepared the area where we are going to put our pool, we can proceed to inflate it, preferably using an electric or manual pump. We must read the instruction manual and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations, especially regarding the optimum air pressure for our pool and the precautions to be taken.
- Fill the pool with water. Using a hose is the best option when filling a pool. Make sure that the water is in optimal health conditions (that it is clean and that its chlorine concentration is adequate). It is better if you are present during this phase to avoid setbacks, especially so that the recommended number of liters is not exceeded.
How to keep the water in my pool clean?
After installation, and especially if we are going to use it for several days, we must ensure that the water is clean. To do this, we must first keep it in good condition. It is recommended to use a pool cover of adequate size when we are not using it and, before diving, clean the entire body with our hose, especially our feet.It is also important, especially in large pools, to use sweepers and nets to clean the water, frequently use a filter or purifier and chlorine tablets. It is also recommended to change the water from time to time, especially in children’s pools, since it easily gets dirty and can be affected by the appearance of bacteria and germs.
How to repair an inflatable pool?
Although we take precautions with our pool, it is possible that at some point it will be affected by a puncture or be damaged in some way. Therefore, patches, special self-adhesive tape for inflatable pools and glue for patches are recommended (costs range from $ 1 to $ 20 USD, depending on the type and quantity). Both usually come in pool repair kits.First it is necessary to locate the hole. Then two patches are taken to which the glue is applied. If the pool is empty, the bonding order does not matter, but if the pool is full of water, a patch is pasted inside the pool first (the glue is waterproof) and then an external patch. Pressure is exerted so that both remain firm and, problem solved!
When the time comes to make the decision about which inflatable pool we are going to acquire, preparing a list with purchase criteria can help us a lot. Here are some of the main factors to consider when choosing the pool that best suits your needs, tastes and budget.
- Quality / price ratio
- Capacity and ages of use
- Material, dimensions and shape
- Accessories included
- Installation / assembly time
Quality / price ratio
We cannot deny that depending on the budget we have we can choose one type of pool or another. However, there are brands, materials, shapes and sizes for all pockets. We can find good offers if we take time for it and if we previously informed about the most important aspects when choosing the ideal model for us.
Therefore, we should know that an extremely economical pool probably has not been made with very resistant material, but if we only want it for a few days or weeks, it may be worth making the purchase. However, before doing it, always think about what you want it for and how much it costs, to know if it compensates you or not.
Capacity and ages of use
Look closely at the specifications of measures and product capacity, since you can get a surprise if you read the information badly and you get a smaller pool than you expected. Usually, the size is expressed in inches and the length is indicated first, then the width and finally the height.
With the capacity there are usually no doubts, since it is expressed in gallons. In addition to verifying its dimensions and depth, find out about the recommended ages of use and draw your own conclusions about whether or not it is the pool you are looking for. Thus, you will ensure that you, your children, neighbors or friends can enjoy playing or swimming in it to the fullest.
Material and form
Inflatable pools are usually made of PVC, other plastics and their derivatives, such as vinyl and polymers, among other materials. Likewise, it is increasingly common to use the liner, a reinforced PVC compound (plasticized polyvinylchloride) that is characterized by its flexibility, tightness and resistance.
On the other hand, the shape of the pool facilitates certain uses. A rectangular pool allows several adults to lie in it. In a round pool it is very nice to sit and talk, while the little ones play in the middle. On the other hand, an irregularly shaped pool with a play center and slide is the ideal solution for your children to have a great time.
Depending on the brand and model you choose, the pool will come or not with a drain valve. In addition, you can bring additional accessories. A baby pool can come with a removable chair. In swimming pools for children who are already walking, it is better to choose a model with a slide or sprinkler. If what you want is an adult pool, you can opt for a model with armchair and coasters.
Other accessories that may come with the pool are: treatment plant, filter or pump. Check their capacity and verify that, for the size of the pool, it will be sufficient. Otherwise, you better buy a pool without these additional accessories and, subsequently, purchase a suitable sewage treatment plant.
Installation / assembly time
It is recommended that you check how long it takes to set up your pool. This way you will avoid headaches and disappointments. Once you have it with you, read the instruction manual before proceeding to install it. In this way you can plan how you will make the assembly, for your particular case, and you can have the necessary tools at hand.
Inflatable pools are the best known of the removable pools. They are the favorite of the smallest of the house and more and more followers gain among the adult public, either for their manufacture with resistant materials (such as vinyl or multi-layer PVC), or for their increasingly large presentations and designs and multifunctional.
It is important to take various precautions with our pool, such as putting a protective floor mat, cover and avoid putting sharp objects in it. However, it may still be affected by a tiny hole or puncture. To do this, it is good to be prepared with glue and patches, so that you can act quickly and avoid further damage.
If you have served our article on inflatable pools, share it with your friends and contacts on social networks. You can also leave us a comment with your opinions and ideas about it.